from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Used other than as an idiom: see
- verb idiomatic Prematurely and voluntarily leave (school, a race, or the like).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat
- verb withdraw from established society, especially because of disillusion with conventional values
- verb leave school or an educational program prematurely
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.