from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An indefinitely long period of time; an age.
- n. The longest division of geologic time, containing two or more eras.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Eternity.
- n. A period of 1,000,000,000 years.
- n. The longest time period used in geology.
- n. A long period of time.
- n. A spirit being emanating from the Godhead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An immeasurable or infinite space of time; eternity; a long space of time; an age.
- n. One of the embodiments of the divine attributes of the Eternal Being.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long space of time; a secular period, either indefinite or limited to the duration of something, as a dispensation or the universe: used as equivalent to age, era, or cycle, and sometimes to eternity.
- n. In Platonic philosophy, a virtue, attribute, or perfection existing throughout eternity.
- n. The largest divisionof geologic-time: used by J. D. Dana especially in dividing the archœan into astral and archæozoic eons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Gnosticism) a divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe
- n. the longest division of geological time
- n. an immeasurably long period of time
They decide to use an unexplained Trait that the Medoras were given at the last Progression which is about equivalent to an "eon," or an "Age" for Robert Jordan fans to decide who would become a representative.
I've been struggling, for many an eon now (and by 'eon', I mean 'cooking session'), to make tofu such that I don't feel like I'm eating teeny sponges.
Now i see all the cult trolls wants to play with johns small tool, com eon you troll come out of the closet and rejoice to all of your homosexuality we all know any ways.
Extend that, AngryMatt, as far into the future as you like (and then add another eon, as it would not probably be far enough into the future for me!).
I was just thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if wine grew on trees?" eon ju park: aperitivo table
After an eon of paperwork, my wife and I traveled to Russia last week, and met the little boy who will soon be our son.
Gladstone is determined to break free from the control of the TechnoCore at any and all costs, in order to save humankind from an eon of slavery.
Any artist can touch up and "revise" one part of their work for an eon instead of tackling something knew.
Some book highlights from my rss reader, sadly neglected for about a week (which is an eon in blog terms; how quickly one becomes overwhelmed with tempting and fascinating information by not keeping up for a few mere days).
Stop the peopl eon the watch lists from traveling to the US.