from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The officer second in command of a military unit smaller than a division.
- n. The officer second in command of a naval unit.
- n. A person holding executive power in an organization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. second in command of a military unit or ship
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the officer second in command
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.