from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The aspect of the planets and stars at a given moment, such as the moment of a person's birth, used by astrologers.
- n. A diagram of the signs of the zodiac based on such an aspect.
- n. An astrological forecast, as of a person's future, based on a diagram of the aspect of the planets and stars at a given moment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an astrological forecast of a person's future based on such information
- n. the position of the planets and stars at the moment of someone's birth; a diagram of such positions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The representation made of the aspect of the heavens at the moment of a person's birth, by which the astrologer professed to foretell the events of the person's life; especially, the sign of the zodiac rising above the horizon at such a moment.
- n. The diagram or scheme of twelve houses or signs of the zodiac, into which the whole circuit of the heavens was divided for the purposes of such prediction of fortune.
- n. The planisphere invented by Jean Paduanus.
- n. A table showing the length of the days and nights at all places.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In astrology: That part of the ecliptic which is on the eastern horizon at the instant of a nativity.
- n. The figure or diagram of the twelve houses of heaven, with the positions of the planets, used by astrologers in calculating nativities and in answering horary questions.
- n. A kind of planisphere, invented by John of Padua.
- n. A table of the length of the days and nights at different places.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a prediction of someone's future based on the relative positions of the planets
- n. a diagram of the positions of the planets and signs of the zodiac at a particular time and place
The word horoscope literally translates to ‘the view of the hour.’
Her horoscope is not the only thing that's deforme ...
Dunner's: Her horoscope is not the only thing that's deformed! skip to main | skip to sidebar
Her horoscope is not the only thing that's deformed!
I'm not a huge believer in horoscope, but I figure this is a sign that he needs to be treated with a bit more gentleness than usual this month.
The true meaning of the word horoscope is a glance at the hours.
What else would I do but refer to my horoscope, just waiting there to light my way?
The horoscope is a scientific document and must be done accurately with the correct documentation to prove the case.
I have no doubt whatsoever that this is, in many ways, a very good plan, but, the way I look at it, it would be an even better plan tomorrow, which means that my horoscope is a full day off.
The seventh sector is a sector on the angles of the horoscope, which is a very tough place to host Saturn.