from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plan, sketch, drawing, or outline designed to demonstrate or explain how something works or to clarify the relationship between the parts of a whole.
- n. Mathematics A graphic representation of an algebraic or geometric relationship.
- n. A chart or graph.
- transitive v. To indicate or represent by or as if by a diagram.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plan, drawing, sketch or outline to show how something works, or show the relationships between the parts of a whole.
- n. A graph or chart.
- n. A functor from an index category to another category. The objects and morphisms of the index category need not have any internal substance, but rather merely outline the connective structure of at least some part of the diagram's codomain. If the index category is J and the codomain is C, then the diagram is said to be "of type J in C".
- v. To represent or indicate something using a diagram.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A figure or drawing made to illustrate a statement, or facilitate a demonstration; a plan.
- n. Any simple drawing made for mathematical or scientific purposes, or to assist a verbal explanation which refers to it; a mechanical drawing, as distinguished from an artistical one.
- transitive v. To put into the form of a diagram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To draw or put into the form of a diagram; make a diagram of.
- n. In geometry, a drawing or scheme delineated for the purpose of demonstrating the properties of any figure by observations on the geometrical relations of its parts.
- n. An illustrative figure giving only the outlines or a general scheme (not an exact representation) of the object; a figure for ascertaining or exhibiting certain relations between objects under discussion by means of analogous relations between the parts of the figure.
- n. In old music, a table representing all the sounds of the system; a musical scale.
- n. A diagram in which the accelerations of particles are represented in magnitude and direction by lines drawn from points showing the positions of those particles.
- n. A diagram in which the displacements of particles are represented in magnitude and direction by lines drawn from points showing the positions of those particles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drawing intended to explain how something works; a drawing showing the relation between the parts
- v. make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows interactions among variables or how something is constructed
C7's front (top) compared to the label diagram of a model code RM-718 that just got FCC approval, featuring quadband EDGE, HSPA 850/
Never had a chance to meet my grandma, but this diagram is also true for the very old lady I call upon from time to time.
At least, I think the Bob Morris who made this diagram is the same Floridian humorist who I've been loosely keeping up with for the last fifteen years.
Not sure who put this together first, but that Venn diagram is the same as the Hedgehog Concept in Jim Collin's Good to Great.
I don't think it's really inconsistent at all - I think that the underlying goal of this diagram is to show that we should be doing what we want to be doing; not necessarily what we can do well.
The diagram is about being happy doing what you enjoy.
That diagram is missing a few very important steps outside of the manufacturing process, most notably the lobbying and contributions from the zinc industry, which is one of the main defenders of the worthless coin.
I get to disconnect circuits, rebuild cables, open up every kind of appliance to see if their working diagram is more logical than our absurd reality.
Interesting, but this diagram is 3 years old (from 2006).
In reality, this diagram is measuring the level of innovation from 4 or 5 years ago.