from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A list of syllables.
- noun A set of written characters for a language, each character representing a syllable.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A catalogue of the syllables of a language; a list or set of syllables, or of characters having a syllabic value.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A table of syllables; more especially, a table of the indivisible syllabic symbols used in certain languages, as the Japanese and Cherokee, instead of letters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun orthography A table or list of
syllabicletters or syllables
- noun orthography A writing system where each
characterrepresents a complete syllable
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a writing system whose characters represent syllables
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[New Latin syllabārium, from Latin syllaba, syllable; see syllable.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Neo Latin syllabārium, from syllaba
Sorry, no example sentences found.