from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A floating mass of compacted ice fragments.
- n. A folded sac filled with crushed ice and applied to sore or swollen parts of the body to reduce pain and inflammation. Also called ice bag.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a large floating mass of ice; pack ice
- n. a pack of crushed ice applied to the body in order to reduce pain or inflammation
- n. a plastic sac of silicone that can be cooled in a freezer and then used in a cool bag
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an irregular mass of broken and drifting ice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A great field of ice, consisting of separate masses packed together or lying closely adjacent to one another, as in the arctic seas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a waterproof bag filled with ice: applied to the body (especially the head) to cool or reduce swelling
- n. a large expanse of floating ice
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.