from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A floating mass of compacted ice fragments.
- noun A folded sac filled with crushed ice and applied to sore or swollen parts of the body to reduce pain and inflammation.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A great field of ice, consisting of separate masses packed together or lying closely adjacent to one another, as in the arctic seas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a large
floatingmass of ice; pack ice
- noun a pack of
crushedice applied to the bodyin order to reduce painor inflammation
- noun a
plastic sacof siliconethat can be cooled in a freezerand then used in a cool bag
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a waterproof bag filled with ice: applied to the body (especially the head) to cool or reduce swelling
- noun a large expanse of floating ice
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.