from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A short crowbar with curved ends.
- transitive verb To pry (something) open with or as if with a jimmy.
from The Century Dictionary.
- A free emigrant.
- Same as jemmy.
- noun A short crowbar: same as jemmy, 1.
- noun A freight-car used for carrying coal; a coal-car.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To pry open (a door, window, etc.) with a jimmy or similar device; often used with open.
- noun A short crowbar used by burglars in breaking open doors.
- noun Australian slang An immigrant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun plural only, dialectal, US, usually plural
chocolate sprinklesused as a toppingfor ice cream, cookies, or cupcakes.
- noun slang A
- noun A device used to circumvent a locking mechanism; a slim-Jim.
- noun slang Royal Navy slang for First Lieutenant (Executive Officer)
- noun US A
jemmy; a crowbarused by burglarsto open windows and doors.
- noun US, slang
- noun US, slang A
- verb To pry open, especially a lock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open
- noun a short crowbar
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
For the first time ever, I'm interested in jimmy olsen.
He remembered the "jimmy" -- yet this would betray him, by the broken lock!
And as he waited and watched, the lawyer, at his solicitation, invented for him a magic "jimmy" -- an instrument with which he could not only break through the outside door, but as easily force his way past the complex locks of the chambers inside.
He wanted John to stay over that night and stand watch while he, Scorch, opened the safe with something he called a jimmy! "
What did we ever call the jimmy-leg before Seinfeld? soup looks good!
Its fully powered cloth grey seats, power windows, and power locks. it has after market led lights and few other aftermarket parts if interested please call jimmy for pricing and availability at 630-860-2000
It's called jimmy-arm, guys, and you should see a doctor.
the vault throw a fit and run sickly and sleepy eleven (aka jimmy) boozer goodbye. good night. miss you already canadian mail smash this n that mom i'm not a rocker!
I think the reporter just listened to the stern show he was on about 2 weeks ago and said that "jimmy" was ready in 18 months for a new true lies and that arnold was on board.
It had been this way for months now -- ever since the night the policeman had found him, the "jimmy" dropped from his hands, in the alley.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.