from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several yellow-flowered daffodils, especially Narcissus jonquilla, having long narrow leaves and fragrant flowers with a short corona.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An ornamental plant, the Narcissus Jonquilla, of the natural order Amaryllidaceœ; the rush-leafed daffodil.
- noun A light-yellow color of the Sèvres porcelain; also, a similar color in other porcelains.
- noun A variety of the domesticated canary-bird.
- noun A light-yellow color much favored in the French mural decoration of the eighteenth century.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A bulbous plant of the genus Narcissus (
Narcissus Jonquilla), allied to the daffodil. It has long, rushlike leaves, and yellow or white fragrant flowers. The root has emetic properties. It is sometimes called the rush-leaved daffodil. See Illust.of corona.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A fragrant
bulbflower (Narcissus jonquilla).
- noun A species of
- noun A shade of yellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun often used colloquially for any yellow daffodil
- noun widely cultivated ornamental plant native to southern Europe but naturalized elsewhere having fragrant yellow or white clustered flowers
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Page 99] carnadined the face under a certain jonquil-trimmed hat.
"The round rug is an oasis," Teddy explained, "and the jonquil is a palm -- and we are going to save the dates and figs from our lunch."
Thanks to jonquil, I now have a Dreamwidth account.
Thanks, jonquil! ktempest has a highly interesting post up about Realms of Fantasy and boobs.
She refuses to discover anatomy in the whorls of a jonquil.
In honor of the occasion, judge Steven Tyler is wearing a duster coat with fur print lining, and judge Jennifer Lopez is dressed as a jonquil.
Re: The idea of fanfic - jonquil - May. 9th, 2010 02: 23 pm (UTC) Expand
Some of you I got to already ... with the wishes ... but I have a few more ... iamabadwolf crimedoc1 psychicnagger webeh jonquil missatralissa fishsanwitt soniced_up
Dr. Jeff Masters on Gustav. jonquil discusses portential shortfalls in the evacuation protocol here.
Aug. 8th, 2008 at 2: 02 PM jonquil asked: Tell me how you cope with the "30,000-word slump", that moment in the middle of the book when you hit the doldrums.