from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Material thrown upward by the wheels of a moving vehicle.
- n. A controlled kick that sends a ball upwards.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The water thrush or accentor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A disturbance.
- n. A steamboat with paddle-wheel astern.
- n. In Jamaica, the water-thrush, Siurus nœvius or S. noveboracensis: so called from the way it jerks its tail, like a wagtail: more fully called Bessy kickup. P. H. Gosse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to rise by kicking
- v. evoke or provoke to appear or occur
- n. raising the feet backward with the hands on the ground; a first movement in doing a handstand
Sands and Eastman, Limericked, Victuallers, went and, with his unmitigated astonissment, hickicked at the dun and dorass against all the runes and, when challenged about the pretended hick (it was kickup and down with him) on his solemn by the imputant imputed, said simply: I appop pie oath, Phillyps Captain.
We was wondering this dinnertime can you get your Governor if you are working for the same one and this reaches you, to give us a bit of a hand in this Palinode kickup which you will have read of in the papers.
Dog my cats but there's something strange in this whole kickup or my name ain't John Robinson.
The sun set about ten o'clock, and Lady Clare and Shag greeted its last departing rays with a whinny, accompanied by a wanton kickup from the rear -- for whatever Lady Clare did Shag felt in honor bound to do, and was conscious of no disgrace in his abject and ape-like imitation.
The sun set about ten o'clock, and Lady Clare and Shag greeted its last departing rays with a whinny, accompanied by a wanton kickup from the rear -- for whatever
Expect 3. 6% QoQ growth in $ revenues; to get 30-50 bps kickup from cross currency benefit
The kickup got Kingston over huge in the building.
Note, in particular, the kickup of the rearmost side windows and the angle of the D-pillar this creates.
Steve, Suppose you were to take all the proxies that DON’T have a kickup in the region of merging with the “instrumental” record (and are not duplicated in other records), and merge them with (for example) the UAH tropospheric record at a single point (the beginning of the UAH record.