from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Informal An outfit or costume.
- noun Printing Arrangement and production style, as of a magazine or book.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Equipment; dress; appearance; style.
- noun The general manner or style of production; external appearance or qualities: as, the get-up of the book is excellent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun colloq. General composition or structure; manner in which the parts of a thing are combined; arrangement; format; make-up; style of dress, etc.
- noun informal A set of clothing (with accessories); ; -- often used with implied disapproval or scorn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun informal A
costumeor outfit, especially one that is ostentatiousor otherwise unusual.
- noun informal A
- noun publishing
Layoutand production style, as of a magazine.
- noun Alternative form of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a set of clothing (with accessories)
- verb put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- verb study intensively, as before an exam
- verb get up and out of bed
- verb rise to one's feet
- verb develop
- verb raise from a lower to a higher position
- verb arrange by systematic planning and united effort
- verb cause to rise
Sorry, no etymologies found.
That Aladdin getup was awful, but I thought some of the dresses were cute.
In truth, Ben Affleck was all wrong for the role of Daredevil (he looked like a male version of Catwoman done over by Revlon) I can ` t picture the type of stone-criminals and murderers that DD has to face on a regular basis being able to take him seriously in that getup from the movie.
Plus Scalia would look mighty fine straddling the guns of a Navy battleship in that fishnet thong getup from the "If I Could Turn Back Time" video (which is also a anthem wholly apropos of Scalia's jurisprudence).
But the joke extended to Wisconsin on Wednesday, when Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers weighed in on Sanchez's tight-fitting shirt, a fur coat and white pants—calling the getup "embarrassing."
In a statement, the prince called his getup for a-- a poor choice of costume for a party he attended.
His getup was a satin-thread shy of cross dress, complete with crescent eyebrows and henna.
Lady Gaga's getup, which is probably part of the reason we were so disappointed.
"What kind of getup is that?" he asked, pointing at Sally.
Nick finally decided that that kind of getup won't do any good to their careers.
That’s probably why you seemed astonished to find me in the kind of getup the magazines call “frothy.”