from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A too frequent use of words containing the letter l in speaking or writing. A Latin example appears in the following:
- noun An imperfect pronunciation of the letter r, making it sound like
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A fault in speaking or in composition, which consists in too frequent use of the letter l, or in doubling it erroneously.
- noun A defect in pronunciation of the letter l when doubled, which consists in giving it a sound as if followed by y, similar to that of the letters lli in billion.
- noun The use of the sound of l for that of r in pronunciation; lallation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Pronunciationof other sounds, typically r, as l.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun speech defect involving excessive use or unusual pronunciation of the phoneme `l'
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
from Greek letter λάμδα (lambda)
They comprise chiefly: sigmatism or imperfect pronunciation of s; rhotacism or imperfect pronunciation of r; lambdacism or imperfect pronunciation of l; gam -