from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the incorrect pronunciation of the letter "r" so that it sounds like an "l"
- n. baby-talk or gibberish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An imperfect enunciation of the letter r, in which it sounds like l.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An imperfect pronunciation of the letter r, whereby it is made to sound like l. See lambdacism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. defective articulation of the `l' phoneme or the phoneme `r' is pronounced as `l'
- n. gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.