from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A left-handed person.
- n. An advocate or member of the political left.
- adv. With the left hand or in a left-handed manner: throws lefty; bats lefty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is left-handed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person who uses the left hand with greater skill than the right; a left-handed person.
- n. a baseball pitcher who throws the ball with the left hand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a baseball pitcher who throws the ball with the left hand
- n. a person who uses the left hand with greater skill than the right
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Playing a lefty is always dicey, but Nadal is 2-0 against Puerta and beat left-hander Ricardo Mello in Brazil in February.
Jason Marquis, 31, who won 15 games for the Colorado Rockies last season, will join lefty John Lannan at the top of the rotation.
You can tell that reality is slowly overtaking the initial narrative; it looks like certain lefty commenters no longer feel comfortable popping in to vent their spleens against Israel push back against DB.
Byrdak said that the title of lefty specialist actually hurt him this winter as he tried to sign a new contract.
Easy NC30/06, Montana offers their rifles in lefty models, short and long action, blue and stainless.
The importance of the stud starters gets magnified, and Boston has two thoroughbreds in lefty Jon Lester and Josh Beckett.
The point, lefty, is that Obama couldn't pull him across the finish line.
All viable candidates are likely to be far to the left of the regional average in lefty-gerrymandered districts and far to the right in right-gerrymandered districts.
Whether it's her love of conspiracy theories (but only those that involve the American Gov't perpetrating them), her Anti-American views, her hatred of America's military, or her love of anything that could possibly cause embarrassment to the US, the human roadblock they call Rosie is a big hit in lefty circles.
Overall, the hefty lefty is 10-5 in the postseason.