from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various North American evergreen oak trees, especially Quercus virginiana of the southeast United States and Q. agrifolia of California and northern Mexico.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An American oak, Quercus virens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An evergreen species of oak characteristic of the US South, the southern live oak, Quercus virginiana
- noun Any of several other species of
oakwith evergreen, usually holly-like leaves
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of several American evergreen oaks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.