from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A man who resembles Mawworm, a character in Bickerstaffe's play “The Hypocrite,” 1769; a hypocritical pretender to sanctity.
- noun An intestinal worm which may be found in the stomach, as a pin-worm or threadworm, such as Oxyuris vermicularis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Any intestinal worm found in the stomach, esp. the common round worm (
Ascaris lumbricoides), and allied species.
- noun One of the larvæ of botflies of horses; a bot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.