from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who makes models, especially from a plastic medium such as clay
- n. a person who models the behaviour of a physical system, especially by using a computer model
- n. a computer program that simulates a physical system
- n. a computer program that generates a three-dimensional representation of an object or system
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who models; hence, a worker in plastic art.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who models; especially, one who forms models or figures in clay, wax, or plaster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who creates models
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I don't know how the modeler is coded, so I wonder whether this is a quirk in the modeler or an exception to the rule.
Isaac Held, the NOAA climate modeler, is the first to admit that the models aren’t perfect.
As a BALLOON MODELLER, I provide extra balloon pumps so I let the children pump up their own balloons too, so the day becomes hands on, and they all get to have a go at being a balloon modeler, which is why I am a great kid's entertainer.
This is where I found things a bit strange: I couldn't export or otherwise convert the process model that I had created to use in the BPMN modeler, which is a separate tool.
An estimate last Monday from rival modeler AIR Worlwide put the number at $3.7 billion to $5.5 billion, but included storms from a wider range of dates—April 22 to 28.
As far as I know, no modeler has been able to include this feedback effect into his model, which is one reason among many that the models are so bad.
In The Stags we see a couple of dueling Vespa scooters (skilfully molded by an automotive modeler) transmogrified into deers: machines behaving as animals.
I ask, model for what? modeler your model for what our city/region should look like, in terms of density land use and transportation investments.
Among his professional experience are a three-months internship at Centro Stile Alfa Romeo (2008) and three years of experience as a 3d modeler and texture artist at AMC Studio.
Catastrophe modeler AIR Worldwide estimates Irene's insured losses at $3 billion to $6 billion, which would place the storm on par with Rita in 2005 and Hugo in 1989, Fitch Ratings notes in a new report to be released Wednesday.