from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Archaic A past participle of melt.
- adj. Made liquid by heat; melted: molten lead.
- adj. Made by melting and casting in a mold.
- adj. Brilliantly glowing, from or as if from intense heat: "A huge red bed of coals blazed and quivered with molten fury” ( Richard Wright).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Melted.
- adj. Made from molten substance.
- adj. Glowing red-hot.
- v. Past participle of melt
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Melted; being in a state of fusion, esp. when the liquid state is produced by a high degree of heat.
- adj. Made by melting and casting the substance or metal of which the thing is formed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Melted; in a state of fusion or solution: as, molten gold.
- Made or produced by means of melting.
- Having molted; being in the state of molting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reduced to liquid form by heating
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To resist the washout and soldering, die materials should have high hot hardness, good temper resistance, low solubility in molten aluminum and good oxidation resistance.
Ash from the process is captured in molten glass, producing an obsidian-like material that can be buried in landfills or used in construction materials.
Ok, let me get this straight, you were doing backstokes in molten lava to test that new diving suit and this beast came out of nowhere and swallowed you whole?
This invisible barrier forms so quickly that aluminum seems, even in molten form, to be an inert metal.
Their program would save and store captured solar energy in molten salt, the new solar plant will produce up to 500 megawatts of peak power — comparable to what a regular coal power plant can produce, only with no greenhouse gas emissions.
It sucked in molten rock through its slatted gills and shot it out in an arcing stream of hardening glass towards the meat icicles.
The basic idea is that uranium and existing lead separate when in molten lava.
I am unfortunately immersed in molten lava from an erupting volcano.
Preacher lady and the Jesus police start mumbling and beseeching G_d to strike me down and boil me in molten tar.
It was a time, too, when you saw your words stamped out in molten lead.