from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A critical or decisive time on which much depends; a crucial moment.
- noun Sports The point in a bullfight at which the matador makes the kill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic A deciding instant; the time when a
testdetermines or makes it apparent whether something will succeed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the moment in a bullfight when the matador kills the bull
- noun a crucial moment on which much depends
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Translation of Spanish el momento de verdad.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
A calque of Spanish el momento de la verdad, which refers to the time of the final sword thrust in a bullfight.
Sorry, no example sentences found.