from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A series of mountain ridges alike in form, direction, and origin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A series of adjoining mountains, often in a line.
- n. A series of lines of mountains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a series of mountains closely related in position and direction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A range of mountains; specifically, in geology, the series of more or less parallel ridges formed over the area and border of a single anticlinal or synclinal mountain-fold considered as a unit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a series of hills or mountains
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.