from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a lack of cleanliness
- n. ,(uncountable) dirt or filth
- n. indecency or corruption
- n. an unpleasant or disagreeable action, taste or smell
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being nasty; extreme filthness; dirtiness; also, indecency; obscenity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being filthy; filthiness; dirtiness; filthy habits or condition.
- n. Disgusting taste; nauseousness.
- n. Disagreeableness; unpleasantness: as, the general nastiness of the weather.
- n. Meanness; dishonorableness: as, the nastiness of the trick.
- n. That which is filthy; filth.
- n. Moral filth or filthiness; grossness or indecency; obscenity.
- n. Synonyms Foulness, defilement, pollution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state characterized by foul or disgusting dirt and refuse
- n. malevolence by virtue of being malicious or spiteful or nasty
- n. the quality of being unpleasant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It takes courage to put it out there in the first place but then to step back far enough to deconstruct and come to terms with all of this nastiness is truly admirable.
Obama. will suceed dispite all the nastiness from the far right
Irrational, philosophically uneducated (calling four of the most popular philosophers peddlers of irrationality and then holding up Ayn Rand of all people), homophobic, heterosexist, backward, and perhaps s few things equal in nastiness to the words you directed against me and every like me.
The current nastiness is more a product of the political theories of personal destruction that the left worked the early 2000s with, and that the Republicans have gleefully picked up.
The current nastiness is more a product of the political theories of personal destruction that the left worked the early 2000s with,
Uh, Venus, not sure how any of that nastiness is supposed to help.
I certainly don't expect my friends to pretend that they are perfect and without flaw, but gratuitous self-directed nastiness is not the same thing, and not okay.
The hatred and nastiness is too much to stomach and as a Democrat I hate to say it but the Obama supporters are the nastiest.
Being a Viet Nam era vet, I, like many other men and women my age, well remember coming home to insults and nastiness from the American public at the time.
I trust this nastiness is only because of the heat of the moment.