from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A beverage of wine, hot water, lemon juice, sugar, and nutmeg.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A mild warm punch of wine (properly port), made with a little lemon and not much sugar.
- noun The title of the kings of Abyssinia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A beverage made of wine, water, sugar, nutmeg, and lemon juice; -- so called, it is said, from its first maker, Colonel Negus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
drinkof wine, lemon, sugar, nutmegand hot water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun wine and hot water with sugar and lemon juice and nutmeg
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[After Francis Negus, (died 1732), English army officer.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Named from Colonel Francis Negus (died 1732), its creator.
Sorry, no example sentences found.