from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To give notice to; inform: notified the citizens of the curfew by posting signs.
- transitive v. Chiefly British To give notice of; make known.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To give (someone) notice of (something).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make known; to declare; to publish.
- transitive v. To give notice to; to inform by notice; to apprise
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To publish; proclaim; give notice or information of; make known.
- To make note of; observe.
- To give notice to; inform by words or writing, in person or by message, or by any signs which are understood: as, the public are hereby notified.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. inform (somebody) of something
You make a promise, you keep that promise; if you cannot, then the first person you should notify is the person you made the promise to.
If it receives a SyntaxError, then call the notify the syntax error handler of it, and in an attempt to reset/restart - move ahead one space in the input, and recur.
It then immediately sleeps for two seconds to allow both threads to become blocked by the wait() method in run(), calls the notify() method to wake up one of the threads, and then sleeps for another two seconds.
Adverse possessors can even register the bills in their name and notify the bank, previous homeowner or neighbors of their intent.
I installed a MOD called notify moderators yesterday before I left so that moderators will get emails when there are new posts that need to be approved.
Pidgin, Gwibber and Banshee are only some of the applications that will take advantage of this notification framework (called notify-osd).
I am simply requesting that [collection company] follow up on their promise (as quoted from the back side of the collection notice) "this office will obtain verification of the debt" I want a copy of the water and sewer bill in question, or signed documentation showing that I was notified of an increase in rent costs due to the addition of water and sewer charges. [collection company] has not, in three months, provided this proof or even returned my calls notify me that any kind of research is being done.
Rick Kagan, executive vice president and general manager at Infoblox, says IF-MAP 2.0 adds a so-called "notify" operation to enable an IF-MAP server to support message-bus functionality in addition to publish/subscribe database functionality.
The first estimate for the new Assembly Building in Cardiff was a lot less that that- so I thought I would 'notify' the people of this major impact on next year's budget by press release.
My email is set up through my computer to "notify" me by beeping and then by forwarding a text message to my pager.