from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To rub or push against gently with or as if with the nose or snout: stroked and nuzzled the kitten.
- transitive v. To root or move with the snout.
- intransitive v. To make rubbing or pressing motions with or as if with the nose or snout.
- intransitive v. To nestle together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To touch someone or something with the nose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To noursle or nurse; to foster; to bring up.
- transitive v. To nestle; to house, as in a nest.
- intransitive v. To work with the nose, like a swine in the mud.
- intransitive v. To go with head poised like a swine, with nose down.
- intransitive v. To hide the head, as a child in the mother's bosom; to nestle.
- intransitive v. To loiter; to idle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To thrust the nose in or into; root up with the nose.
- To touch or rub with the nose; press or rub the nose against.
- To put a ring into the nose of (a hog).
- To fondle closely, as a child.
- To nurse; foster; rear.
- To nose; burrow with the nose; rub noses.
- To touch or feel something with the nose.
- To go with the nose toward the ground.
- To nestle.
- To loiter; idle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. rub noses
- v. dig out with the snout
- v. move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position
Always keep your head completely still and your eyes looking over your buddy's shoulder - try not to cock your head to one side as you would with a regular hug as this risks degenerating in to a "nuzzle" or worse, a "cuddle".
Tristan looked away, then pulled me close to nuzzle my ear.
It makes beautiful women go "ooooh" when they're hugging you, and lean in and nuzzle your neck and make happy sounds.
It was, the Chicago urban architect wrote, a "place that could kind of nuzzle up to its little friends, so that when they came out to shop, it would be as if they had never left home."
And while my days of dating shorter men are behind me, I was a more than a little excited when I recently met Olympic speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno and discovered he is the perfect height to nuzzle into my neck.
The small one broke away and romped in a small circle; the larger one followed suit, in the opposite direction; and then they closed off the dance with a final nuzzle.
Dot's skirt, you nuzzle her flaps in the pitch black, grope for the slot where all test scores go, but envelopes come back, dark.
Baby elephant seals nuzzle muzzle-to-muzzle -- before they grow up and their proboscises become prohibitive.
“Well, pardon me for not knowing about the thermal-only panty rule,” I said, smirking as he dipped his head to nuzzle one of the silky bra cups.
He got back in bed, and as he began to relax, she woke up and stretched herself, emitting a girlish squeal in the process, before turning on her side to nuzzle him.