from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any region of space beyond limits determined with reference to the boundaries of a celestial body or system, especially:
- n. The region of space immediately beyond Earth's atmosphere.
- n. Interplanetary or interstellar space.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Region outside explored space.
- n. Any region of space beyond limits determined with reference to boundaries of a celestial system or body, especially the region of space immediately beyond Earth's atmosphere
- n. A bluish shade of black
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any location outside the Earth's atmosphere
The stillness was weird; not a breath rustled the frost-encrusted forest; the cold and silence of outer space had chilled the heart and smote the trembling lips of nature.
Yet, according to the speedometer, they were still racing through outer space at well over eleven thousand miles per hour.
X-1 program: accidents in, Armstrong as pilot in Bikle’s views about breaking of sound barrier by, and Crossfield ending of, Mach speeds on pilots in, range of, simulator for and techniques for maneuvering in outer space and Walker and Williams and program and Yeager
"You know, Tom, the peace and quiet of outer space is going to come as a welcome relief after the goings on around here," Bud said to his pal as they stretched out in their beds.
The life-giving rays from outer space came through these wooden walls, and gave his stories and novels the life-infusing energy, which he generously shared with people.
Thought came back from outer space and lodged again earthily in my brain.
In a rocket we could reach outer space in nine minutes and we’re stuck in Dadesville County traffic for thirty minutes!