from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A list of employees receiving wages or salaries, with the amounts due to each.
- noun The total sum of money to be paid out to employees at a given time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
listof employeeswho receive salaryor wages, together with the amounts dueto each.
- noun The
total sumof money paidto employees.
- noun computing The
seriesof accounting transactionsthat ensurethat employees are paid correctly, and that all taxesetc are properly deducted; the departmentin a company responsiblefor it.
- verb transitive To place on a payroll.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the department that determines the amounts of wage or salary due to each employee
- noun the total amount of money paid in wages
- noun a list of employees and their salaries
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.