from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to lead; derived from lead: as, plumbic, acid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Chem.) Of, pertaining to, resembling, or containing, lead; -- used specifically to designate those compounds in which it has a higher valence as contrasted with
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective chemistry Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing
- adjective chemistry Specifically, of
compoundsin which it has a higher valenceas contrasted with plumbouscompounds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective relating to or consisting of lead
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Chemically it is converted by nitric acid and chlorine into an insoluble substance -- plumbic acid or the cyanide of lead.
There are the pains in the stomach, the colic, and then on the gums is that characteristic line of plumbic sulphide, the distinctive mark produced by lead.
a resinated ferrous salt, a resin compound of plumbic ferrocyanide, and a resin compound of ferrocyanide of manganese in combination with a salt of molybdenum and a resin compound of zinc sulphide.