from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing lead.
- adj. Specifically, of compounds in which it has a lower valence as contrasted with plumbic compounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or containing, lead; -- used specifically to designate those compounds in which it has a lower valence as contrasted with plumbic compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., containing lead as a constituent; more specifically, containing lead with apparently dyad valence: as, plumbous chlorid. PbCl2, as distinguished from plumbic chlorid, PbCl4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or consisting of lead
Sorry, no etymologies found.