from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive, idiomatic To
identifyamong a group of similar subjects, or in a scenewhere the subject might not be readily seen or noticed, with a gestureof the body.
- verb figuratively, idiomatic To
tell, remind, indicate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb make or write a comment on
- verb present and urge reasons in opposition
- verb point out carefully and clearly
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From point and out. Instead of pointing to a particular thing, the term implies pointing to one particular thing out of several similar things, or to a thing in a scene where it might not be readily seen.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.