from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Polyester.
- n. Polyethylene.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Short form of polytechnic.
- n. Short form of polyethylene (polythene).
- n. Short form of polygon.
- n. Abbreviation of polyester.
- n. Short form of polyamory.
- n. A polyamorous person.
- adj. Made of polyethylene (polythene).
- adj. polyamorous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A whitish woolly plant (Teucrium Polium) of the order Labiatæ, found throughout the Mediterranean region. The name, with sundry prefixes, is sometimes given to other related species of the same genus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of ger mander, Teucrium Polium, an aromatic herb of southern Europe. The name is also used for some other plants of the genus Teucrium.
- n. An element in many compounds of Greek origin or formation, meaning ‘many’ or ‘much.’
Sorry, no etymologies found.
As was discussed in your last segment, she ` s what you called poly-diagnosed or dual diagnosed.
We've set up 23 of these, what we call poly trauma centers, where we've aggregated all the medical disciplines in one place and put them around the country, so they're closer to where these young veterans live.
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Factory ballistics specify a 200-grain poly-tipped FTX bullet at 2,565 fps from a 24-inch barrel.
I was asked the following: how did you come to find yourself in poly relationships?
But finding companionship is difficult in college when you identify as poly, kinky, and gay on a campus of 1,500 students located in Northern Vermont.
Plus, being "rolly poly" is definitely a good thing, well, sometimes!
The Irish authorities found that pork products on several farms had levels of dioxin poly-chlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) between 80 and 200 times more than the recognised safe limit.
It is not repellent, it is some form of lard or long chain poly-glyceride that one goops onto the skin.
Geek rapper MC Plus+ has released a song about crypto called Alice and Bob, which goes into some tech detail, such as "if we could factor large composites in poly time, we'd have enough money to not have to rhyme."