from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Muslim people of Somalia and adjacent parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Djibouti.
- n. The Cushitic language of the Somali and an official language of Somalia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Cushitic language spoken mainly in Somalia and eastern Ethiopia.
- n. A person from Somalia or of Somali descent.
- n. A domestic cat breed.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Somalia, the Somali people or language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Hamitic people of East Central Africa.
- n. of or pertaining to Somalia or to the inhabitants of Somalia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the African republic of Somalia or its people or their language and culture
- n. a member of a tall dark (mostly Muslim) people inhabiting Somalia
- n. the Cushitic language spoken by the Somali
Sorry, no etymologies found.
ABDUL KADIR ALARE, SOMALI FACTION LEADER: The first thing is can we form, really, a broad-based inclusive government for the Somali people.
& THE INVASION OF THE SOMALI SEAS Much of the world's attention is currently focused on the Somali sea lanes.
THE INVASION OF THE SOMALI SEAS Much of the world's attention is currently focused on the Somali sea lanes.
Now, the ICU, backed by businessmen, has reopened ports, airports and roads, revived the economy and made attempts to stamp out rampant piracy in Somali waters.
So somebody dumped waste in Somali waters and somebody else "stole" the unowned fish.
At one point the boy, speaking in Somali peppered with British slang blurts: "We're the generation that has to change things!"
LANGFITT: Then in Somali he asks if they understand.
LUDDEN: Now you mentioned that the United States is supporting this fragile government that's struggling to hang on - and here's something many Americans may be unaware of - as you've reported this week, the U.S. is paying to train Somali soldiers to try and regain power from al-Shabab.
CNN: Suicide bombers use U.N. disguise in Somali attack
US bombing of "known al Qaeda terrorist" in Somali ...