from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An acrylic resin.
- n. A paint containing acrylic resin.
- n. A painting done in acrylic resin.
- n. An acrylic fiber.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Derived from acrylic acid or acrylonitrile.
- adj. Containing an acrylic resin.
- n. An acrylic resin.
- n. A paint containing an acrylic resin.
- n. a painting executed using such a paint.
- n. A thick sheet of plastic.
- n. A liquid coating system based on an acrylic resin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or containing acryl, the hypothetical radical of which acrolein is the hydride. The characteristic residue in an acrylic compound is the carbonyl group attached directly to an ethylenic carbon.
- adj. same as acrylic resin.
- adj. same as acrylic fiber.
- adj. a paint in which the pigment is suspended in a solution of an acrylic resin, which dries to a hard film on exposure to air.
- adj. a painting made using an acrylic paint.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to acryl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a synthetic fabric
- n. a glassy thermoplastic; can be cast and molded or used in coatings and adhesives
- n. polymerized from acrylonitrile
- n. used especially by artists
Not all hardcourts are created equal, said Stuart Miller, head of the International Tennis Federation technical commission, which prefers the term acrylic courts to hardcourts because it describes the actual surface material, like grass and clay.
Â Must wait overnight before doing anything else at this point, because the acrylic is quite gloppy.
The main difference between polycarb and acrylic is; acrylic is a much more dense material which equates to a sharper and more crisp tone quality.
If the acrylic is too thick the ball will not respond the same way.
Cast acrylic is one of the strongest forms of acrylic manufactured today.
King, I used straight up Krylon spray paint for the base (layer of white, layer of light gray, layer of dark gray) and plain acrylic for the stripes.
Evidence of her aesthetic explorations decorated her home: a blue-clad matador in acrylic confronting a monstrous black bull, the stone arches leading up to the Conservatorio de las Rosas painted in oils, and the color pencil image of a man teaching a boy the harmonica.
Learn Mandarin Chinese, acrylic painting, pottery for adults, beginnning genealogy, creative writing, one stroke painting, woodcarving, fifth-grade band and other new classes all held at the Conneaut Community Center for the Arts. Call: (440) 593-5888.
Ms. Stapleton’s work, which centered around the Pine Barrens, is done in acrylic and fine art inks, with originals and numbered prints available.
If this is part of a “money themed” theater room, with an original “Oceans 11″ poster box on the wall and the world’s coins in acrylic coating the counter of the bar in the back, I’d say it’s pretty sweet.