from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make popular: A famous dancer popularized the new hairstyle.
- transitive v. To present in a widely understandable or acceptable form: popularize technical material for a general audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of popularise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make popular; to make suitable or acceptable to the common people; to make generally known.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make popular; treat in a popular manner, or so as to be generally intelligible to common people; spread among the people. Also spelled popularise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make understandable to the general public
- v. cater to popular taste to make popular and present to the general public; bring into general or common use
So maybe a better way to "popularize" poetry -- hell, maybe a better way just to explain it -- would be to further valorize the dead, though with the caveat that the dead include the living.
We intend these to encourage and equip believers with new scientific evidence's sic! that support the faith, as well as to "popularize" our ideas in the broader culture…
Freytag did not attempt to "popularize" them by cheap methods.
The attempt to "popularize" recruiting was soon found to entail serious evils.
We intend these to encourage and equip believers with new scientific evidence's that support the faith, as well as to "popularize" our ideas in the broader culture.
Guy Lombardo, one of the white bandleaders who helped popularize jazz on Fifty-second Street, recalled that for many years “nightclub owners simply refused to break the color line, fearing financial consequences.”
She did a great deal to popularize detective fiction, true, but even her earliest stories are still built upon an older tradition.
HTC EVO' : This video, which has more than 12 million hits on YouTube, helped to popularize Xtranormal.
To this end, Millwood, who produced documentaries about alleged environmental abuse in his native Tasmania, says that one of his main objectives will be to take leaked information and popularize it -- for example through reporting out stories or crafting graphics.
If you want to popularize your show, do it some other way and in this cheap manner ..