from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To make simple or simpler, as.
- transitive verb To reduce in complexity or extent.
- transitive verb To reduce to fundamental parts.
- transitive verb To make easier to understand.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make simple; reduce from complexity to simplicity; also, to make easy of use, execution, performance, or comprehension.
- To produce or effect simplicity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To make simple; to make less complex; to make clear by giving the explanation for; to show an easier or shorter process for doing or making.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To make
simpler, either by reducingin complexity, reducing to componentparts, or making easierto understand.
- verb To become
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb make simpler or easier or reduce in complexity or extent
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
The word 'simplify,' the word 'sanctuary,' the word 'relax.'
I like that, this is what I call simplify the model if it start to get too complex.
A man can, in short, simplify the problem somewhat by a process of reasoning based on memory.
You said it's okay to "simplify" -- which in the context of the discussion was about politicians lying.
One way to simplify is to stop legislating without constitutional jurisdiction.
Questions concerning ceteris paribus clauses are closely related to questions concerning simplifications and idealizations, since one way to simplify is to suppose that the various disturbing causes or interferences are inactive and to explore the consequences of some small number of causal factors.
The easiest way to simplify is to start cutting back on your energy use right now, since using less means you'll be responsible for providing less (and trust us: come the rainy season, you and your solar panels will be grateful for that).
But I did hear the president talk about some things that we can do to create jobs in this country such as simplify the tax code, lower the corporate rate so we can get people back to work, work on these trade deals so we can create more jobs at home.
To "simplify" Nature's ghost might be to "know the mind of God."
David Ellison, manager of FBR Large Cap Financial Fund, which held 175,000 Citigroup shares as of its latest report, said the government shadow could help motivate management to "simplify" its balance sheet.