from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The forward portion of either of the hipbones, at the juncture forming the front arch of the pelvis. Also called pubic bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the pubic bone; the part of the hipbone forming the front arch of the pelvis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The ventral and anterior of the three principal bones composing either half of the pelvis; sharebone; pubic bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy and zoology, a pubic bone, or bone of the pubes (os pubis); a distal inferior and anterior division of the pelvic arch, forming a part of the os innominatum or haunch-bone by ankylosis at the acetabulum with the ilium and ischium, and often, as in man and most mammals, united also with the ischium to circumscribe the obturator foramen, and, with its fellow of the opposite side, forming the pubic symphysis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the three sections of the hipbone; together these two bones form the front of the pelvis
It was quite upsetting to think that my pubis was a nursery for dozens and dozens of crab eggs.
"I had a severe case of osteitis pubis, which is a condition that affects the pelvis," explains Nardiello.
There, her ready and exposed pubis that should only be seen by her husband.
The harlot on the stage inched towards me, writhing her tanned hips and licking her crimson lips, and I saw that her pubis was fully exposed.
And oh, how the roses grow from me, my pubis thick barbed velvet.
After further surgery, doctors decided to leave the incision open, from sternum to pubis, to allow Brianna's swollen organs room to expand and prevent them from ripping her skin.
He put it in his little mouth, the black triangle of a mons pubis.
A whole seduction is played out with the zipper: a triangular pubis is formed by the bodies, which dissolves into the neat formation of a closed, modest zipper which a lone swimmer (the seducer) voyeuristically observes (like watching a woman dress).
Fully clothed, he crouched down at the bottom of the bed and buried his face in the thick dark hair of her pubis, his tongue stretching into the delicate opening.
Draw your tailbone toward your pubis as you gently lengthen your spine.