from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Happening once in four years.
- adjective Lasting for four years.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Comprising four years: as, a quadrennial period.
- Occurring once in four years: as, quadrennial elections.
- noun A fourth anniversary, or its celebration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Comprising four years.
- adjective Occurring once in four years, or at the end of every four years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Happeningevery four years.
Lastingfor four years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin quadriennial ("four-year period"), from quattuor ("four") + annus ("year").
Sorry, no example sentences found.