from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Happening once every 200 years.
- adj. Lasting for 200 years.
- adj. Relating to a 200th anniversary.
- n. A 200th anniversary or its celebration. Also called bicentenary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
- adj. Occurring every two-hundred (200) years
- n. The 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of two hundred years.
- adj. Occurring every two hundred years.
- n. The two hundredth year or anniversary, or its celebration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or lasting two hundred years: as, a bicentennial period.
- Occurring every two hundred years.
- n. The two hundredth anniversary of an event; a bicentenary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 200th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
- adj. of or relating to or completing a period of 200 years
Lydia Lunch got her musical start in bicentennial New York as one of the early performers in what may or may not have been punk rock.
The 70's were such a distinctive and interesting decade, and the bicentennial was the height of it.
Today we recall the bicentennial of a watershed in the history of the Church in the United States: its first great chapter of growth.
Today, we recall the bicentennial of a watershed in the history of the Church in the United States: its first great chapter of growth.
The bicentennial was a significant event because it showed that democracy works.
The bicentennial was a horrible year for National League rookies.
Moore called the War of 1812 "the fight for Canada" and said the bicentennial is an ideal opportunity to "get kids involved and to learn about this country's brilliant history."
The first event for the bicentennial will be a free horse show beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 11, at the Henderson County Fairgrounds.
The Solon bicentennial, which is to be celebrated with events throughout the year, was observed Saturday with nearly three dozen residents dressed in the clothing of the day.
I searched for "bicentennial" news today and received one hit for a Lincoln's birthday event on the first page.