from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In medicine, same as
- noun In physical geography, the dominant or controlling behavior of a river with respect to current, floods, etc.; by analogy, the controlling behavior of ocean currents, meteorological phenomena, etc.
- noun Mode, system, or style of rule or management; government, especially as connected with certain social features; administration; rule.
- noun In French law, specifically, the system of property rights under the marriage relation, fixed upon by the parties by an ante-nuptial contract.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Mode or system of rule or management; character of government, or of the prevailing social system.
- noun (Hydraul.) The condition of a river with respect to the rate of its flow, as measured by the volume of water passing different cross sections in a given time,
uniform régimebeing the condition when the flow is equal and uniform at all the cross sections.
- noun the former political and social system, as distinguished from the
modern; especially, the political and social system existing in France before the Revolution of 1789.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (medicine) a systematic plan for therapy (often including diet)
- noun the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.