from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of regime.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mode or system of rule or management; character of government, or of the prevailing social system.
- n. The condition of a river with respect to the rate of its flow, as measured by the volume of water passing different cross sections in a given time, uniform régime being the condition when the flow is equal and uniform at all the cross sections.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Mode, system, or style of rule or management; government, especially as connected with certain social features; administration; rule.
- n. In French law, specifically, the system of property rights under the marriage relation, fixed upon by the parties by an ante-nuptial contract.
- n. In medicine, same as regimen, 2.
- n. In physical geography, the dominant or controlling behavior of a river with respect to current, floods, etc.; by analogy, the controlling behavior of ocean currents, meteorological phenomena, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) a systematic plan for therapy (often including diet)
- n. the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit
Sorry, no etymologies found.