from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sharp-edged cutting instrument used especially for shaving the face or other body parts.
- n. A device for holding a razorblade, with guards to prevent cutting of the skin. Also called safety razor.
- n. An electric instrument with vibrating or rotating blades used for shaving.
- transitive v. To shave, cut, or remove with or as with a razor: razored off the mustache; razored pages from a rare book.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A keen-edged knife of peculiar shape, used in shaving the hair from the face or other parts of the body.
- n. Any tool or instrument designed for shaving.
- n. The sharp tusk of a wild boar.
- n. A conceptual device that allows one to shave away unlikely explanations for a phenomenon.
- v. To cut with a razor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A keen-edged knife of peculiar shape, used in shaving the hair from the face or the head; also called a straight razor.
- n. a device used for shaving, having a replaceable blade with a very sharp edge; also called safety razor. Also a similar device, made of plastic, in which the blade is neither replaceable nor can be sharpened, intended to be discarded after the blade dulls -- called a disposable razor.
- n. A tusk of a wild boar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sharp-edged instrument used for shaving the face or head.
- n. A tusk: as, the razors of a boar.
- To shave with a razor, as the face or chin; remove with a razor, as a beard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. shave with a razor
- n. edge tool used in shaving
This razor is his first and he bought it with his own money.
Or almost any front pocket unless a razor is used to slit the cloth.
The razor is in the palm of my hand, I don't know how else to cope
Turns out that the blades are Mach 3, the razor is Mach 5 and the two are incompatible.
The Gillette Guard, the latest razor from the Procter & Gamble Co. unit, instead will begin hitting stores in India next week.
Pain stabbed a path across Julia's midriff in short razor-sharp jabs.
"Geldings are all I have for sale except the razor, my Lord," Fearnim said, emphasizing the word razor a little.
I been putting this razor to the test and let me tell you I have found a long term razor aside from my electric water proof razor.
So, for example, an EPC tag can identify an individual pack of razors, or an individual carton, rather than just the type of Gillette razor, which is what a bar code would show.
I know it's the end and the razor is my best friend dead - alive