from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of reinforcement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of reënforcing, or the state of being reënforced.
- n. That which reënforces; additional force; especially, additional troops or force to augment the strength of any army, or ships to strengthen a navy or fleet.
- n. A reward or punishment which is given to a person or animal in order to increase the likelihood that a specific behavior will be repeated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. information that makes more forcible or convincing
- n. a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission
Sorry, no etymologies found.