from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of reënforcing, or the state of being reënforced.
- noun That which reënforces; additional force; especially, additional troops or force to augment the strength of any army, or ships to strengthen a navy or fleet.
- noun (Psychology) A reward or punishment which is given to a person or animal in order to increase the likelihood that a specific behavior will be repeated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative form of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun information that makes more forcible or convincing
- noun a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.