from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of reëntering; a new or fresh entry.
- noun In law, the resuming or retaking possession of lands previously parted with by the person so doing or his predecessors: as, a landlord's reëntry for non-payment of rent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A second or new entry.
- noun (Law) A resuming or retaking possession of what one has lately foregone; -- applied especially to land; the entry by a lessor upon the premises leased, on failure of the tenant to pay rent or perform the covenants in the lease.
- noun (Whist) a card that by winning a trick will bring one the lead at an advanced period of the hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act of retaking
possessionof land, etc.
- noun The return of a
spacecraftinto the Earth's atmosphere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of entering again
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But the most difficult thing of all is what we call 're-entry' - when they come back home.
The uncertainty about the "when" makes the "where" all the trickier, because a small change in the timing of the re-entry translates into thousands of miles of difference in the crash site.
Following the launch of Soyuz TMA-14, and until the re-entry of STS-119, there will be a total of 13 people in orbit: 7 on the Shuttle, 3 on the Soyuz, and 3 on the ISS.
Pick say this example: Ballute re-entry vehicles and VASMIR propulsion.
Anybody ever think about using an equivalent amount of high density wood covering an equivalent surface area on a re-entry vehicle?
The only thing I think would be a problem would be the skip re-entry profile from lunar missions.
He had a major foreign policy speech to give last Thursday, after all, even before waiting on a shuttle re-entry and landing.
Such wings actually are bad during the worst part of re-entry and do not play any role for lift (check the entry angle of attack at Mach 25).
It is completely unrealistic to expect that an illegal alien who has family and a job in this country will return to their native country to apply for re-entry – with no guarantee that they will get back in, or how long it might take.
Low mass to volume ratio to give benign re-entry characteristics.