from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- a & n. from
- (Metal.) a furnace for reducing ores.
- a pipe fitting, as a coupling, an elbow, a tee, etc., for connecting a large pipe with a smaller one.
- a device for automatically maintaining a diminished pressure of steam, air, gas, etc., in a pipe, or other receiver, which is fed from a boiler or pipe in which the pressure is higher than is desired in the receiver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- adjective chemistry That causes
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any process in which electrons are added to an atom or ion (as by removing oxygen or adding hydrogen); always occurs accompanied by oxidation of the reducing agent
- noun loss of excess weight (as by dieting); becoming slimmer
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.