from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The bobolink, Dclichonyx oryzivorus: so called in the late summer and early fall months, when the male has exchanged his black-and-buff dress for a plain yellowish streaked plumage like that of the female, and when it throngs the marshes in great flocks, becomes very fat, and is highly esteemed for the table.
- noun A reed-warbler.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The bobolink.
- noun (Zoöl.) One of several small Asiatic singing birds of the genera Schœnicola and Eurycercus; -- called also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
- noun One of several small
Asiatic songbirdsof the genera Schoenicolaand Eurycercus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun migratory American songbird
- noun small European warbler that breeds among reeds and wedges and winters in Africa
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
reed + bird
Sorry, no example sentences found.