from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Sports A tournament in which each contestant is matched in turn against every other contestant.
- noun A petition or protest on which the signatures are arranged in a circle in order to conceal the order of signing.
- noun A letter sent among members of a group, often with comments added by each person in turn.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A pancake.
- noun A kind of ruff, apparently the smaller ruff of the latter part of the sixteenth century.
- noun Same as
- noun The angler, Lophius piscatorius.
- noun A written paper, as a petition, memorial, or remonstrance, bearing a number of signatures arranged in a circular or concentric form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Any series or sequence of actions.
- noun A document circulated from one person to another in a group, often with comments added by each recipient.
- noun A petition or similar document, in which the signatures are arranged in circular form in order to conceal the order of signing.
- noun (Sports) A tournament in which each contestant plays against every other contestant at least once; a failure to win any contest does not result in elimination from the tournament. Contrasted with
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
tournamentin which every player or team competesagainst each of the others in turn.
- noun online gaming A method of dividing
lootamongst a partyof playersby having the game assign in turnloot to a player or an enemy corpseto loot to a player.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a letter signed by a number of people
- noun a tournament in which every contestant plays every other contestant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.