from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Compassion or pity for another.
- n. Sorrow or misery about one's own misdeeds or flaws.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Sorrow for the misery of another; pity; tenderness.
- n. That which causes pity or compassion; misery; distress; a pitiful sight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sorrow; misery; grief.
- n. That which brings ruth; cruel or barbarous conduct.
- n. Sorrow for the misery of another; compassion; pity; mercy; tenderness.
- n. Repentance; regret.
- n. A pitiful sight; a pity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the great-grandmother of king David whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament
- n. a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died
- n. a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others
- n. United States professional baseball player famous for hitting home runs (1895-1948)
April 24th, 2008 4: 20 pm ET woohoo ..... get a clue what state ruth is from before you judge she does not know anything .... perhaps you need to learn the abreviations for the states of the country that you live in before you decide who to vote for
Griswold in your case I was trying to point out that ruth is going through a difficult time and what you were saying to her isn't
So for the sake of him who came to teach mankind in ruth
i am furious after reading the remarks of our clueless supremes. ruth is the only one who was ticked off. you shouldn't have to be female to be outraged by this violation.
But in Spenser "ruth" means sorrow as well as pity, and three weeks after _Childe Harold_ was published, Ali committed a terrible crime, the outcome of an early grief.
Unfortunately active transportation is not an option when you live 30 km from the nearest small town. ruth says:
Write to Ruth Simon at email@example.com and Dan Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to Nick Timiraos at email@example.com , Dan Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ruth Simon at email@example.com
Write to Nick Timiraos at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ruth Simon at email@example.com
Posted in Gloamcasts | Tagged episode, in the gloaming, john voce, Nathaniel Tapley, rachel stubbings, raoul brand, relationships, ruth bratt, zombie | 5 Comments