from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Divided into or made up of distinct segments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of segment.
- adj. Having or made of segments.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided into segments or joints; articulated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Divided into segments, segmenta, or segmentella; characterized by or exhibiting segmentation; somitic; metameric: thus, the body of a vertebrate is segmented according to the number of vertebræ whether any actual division of parts may be evident or not.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the body divided into successive metameres or segments, as in earthworms or lobsters
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This time, it wasn't all bad news – BRITNEY SPEARS SPLIT UP STEPS read one recent headline – but there were reports that tickets for her Birmingham show had sold so poorly that the promoters had been forced to indulge in what they called "segmented marketing to reach new customers", which turned out to mean knocking £25 off the ticket price.
This involves some pretty radical lifestyle shifts but when it is done my work life should be better segmented from the rest of my life.
The LV endocardium was segmented from the short-axis images at the times of isovolumetric contraction
In a subsequent experiment, the researchers found that introducing a single species of microbe, known as segmented filamentous bacteria, rapidly accelerated the onset of arthritis, which the addition of other bacteria species did not.
The concept is not entirely dissimilar to the idea of segmented or compartmentalized structures used in modern ship hulls or gasoline tanker trucks.
The microbes belong to a group called segmented filamentous bacteria.
The contrails are described as segmented or resembling "donuts on a rope" given most the theory that this craft is powered by a new "pulse" type engine (or PED's - Pulsed Detonation Engines).
The contrails are described as segmented or resembling
Tiago Ferreira has released ROI Color Coder, a macro that labels segmented particles by matching measured parameters to indexes of a chosen LUT.
Her neck was long, over twenty centimetres, but invisible behind a sheath of slim gold rings, as if it was some kind of segmented metallic limb.