from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Position, especially normal or original position, as of a body organ or part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The position, especially the usual, normal position, of a body part or part of a plant.
- n. The method in which the parts of a plant are arranged.
- n. The location of a property as used for taxation or other legal purposes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The method in which the parts of a plant are arranged; also, the position of the parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Situation; site.
- n. In biol., archæol., etc., the proper or original site, place, position, or location of a part or organ, or of any other thing: chiefly in the phrase in situ, in place—that is, not disturbed or disarranged by dissection, excavation, or other process of examination.
- n. In law, situation in contemplation of law; locality, actual or recognized.
Mr. Lasch sneers at "jargon" but is obviously unaware that the term situs is a transposition of Max Weber's notion of StÃ¤nde, and denotes the vertical differentiation of a society as against stratum, which is a horizontal differentiation.
The chambers, valves and major vessels of the patient's heart were in the reverse position, in the condition called situs inversus solitaris with dextrocardia.
Maybe the King of Spain and the President of Brazil have no more important concerns than the situs of sporting events, but the reason why they can take time off in Copenhagen is that our President is responsible for the safety of the whole world.
To have made such a deliberate decision to “turn off the Constitution” would have required the military commanders or other Executive officials making the situs determination to anticipate the complex litigation history set forth above and predict the Boumediene decision long before it camedown.
One is what they would do is create protest zones where people were allowed to protest far from the situs of their particular protest so if the convention center was holding ...
Dia adalah Markus Frind sang pendiri Plentyoffish. com, sebuah situs Online Dating yang [...]
Tautan balik ditutup, tapi anda bisa memberi komentar. ferry halo...ponsel saya sony ericsson j230i dan saya tidak bisa mengakses situs netsains.com.
Distro basis Redhat dan Debian telah mengantisipasi dengan memberikan metode instalasi secara online dengan perintah “# apt-get install nama-program” dalam peritah tersebut system linux akan otomatis mendeteksi dependencise apa saja yang diperlukan untuk menginstall program, lalu Linux akan men-download dependencise secara online lewat internet pada situs repository.
Debord and the situs in general did not believe that capitalism had definitively resolved all of its contradictions.
Romanae urbis situs, quem hoc Christi anno 1549 habet