from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. comparative form of smooth: more smooth
  • n. One who, or that which, smooths.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. One who, or that which, smooths.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • An obsolete form of smother.
  • n. One who or that which smooths.
  • n. A flatterer; a wheedler.
  • n. In printing, a tape used in a cylinder-press to hold the sheets in position against the cylinder.
  • n. A wheel used in glass-cutting to polish the faces of the grooves or cuts already made by another wheel: the smoother is usually of stone.
  • n. The workman who operates such a smoother for polishing grooves or cuts.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a power tool used for sanding wood; an endless loop of sandpaper is moved at high speed by an electric motor


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.