from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A person regarded as being assured and artfully ingratiating in manner.
- n. Slang A smooth-tongued person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A smooth-talking person.
- n. A drink made from whole fruit, thus thicker than fruit juice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thick smooth drink consisting of fresh fruit pureed with ice cream or yoghurt or milk
- n. someone with an assured and ingratiating manner
Originated in America, a smoothie is a healthy drink made up almost entirely out of fruits, sometimes sweetened.
The smoothie is a really pretty sunset orange colour
ABC, smoothie is a paint additive to eliminate ‘fish eyes’ in paint.
Plunge in your blender, whirr around and a delicious smoothie is ready.
It's an aloe-powered mango smoothie from a Chinese dessert place.
For example, acknowledge that a smoothie is a meal, not a low-calorie drink.
The smoothie might be the best bet for my first try.
We were surrounded by a selection of fresh-squeezed juices, high-end teas and a platter of something called smoothie shooters, but no wine in sight.
But honestly, I was right, it's not as great as some of the ones I had yesterday (or the chocolate chip smoothie, which is just the most delicious smoothie ever).
And the smoothie is a delicious, nutritious thing.