from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To make stable or steadfast.
- intransitive verb To maintain the stability of (an airplane or ship, for example) by means of a stabilizer.
- intransitive verb To keep from fluctuating; fix the level of.
- intransitive verb To become stable, steadfast, or fixed.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To render stable. Also spelled
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To make
- verb intransitive To become
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace
- verb become stable or more stable
- verb make stable and keep from fluctuating or put into an equilibrium
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.